One of most expected vaporizers ever is finally here. Not only that this unique vape lives up to the name of its previous version, but it brings many new features to the table and improvessome of the features that made Pax 1 so famous among herb users. This new update ofthe wildly popular Pax vaporizer is even lighter, smaller and has an enhanced life.
The Pax 2 vape has unique specs that make it stand out on the market among all other vaporizing devices. Here is what you need to know about Pax 2 Ploom.
– A wide variety of colors: you can choose from silver, red, black and blue.
– Dimensions: this is the smallest vaporizer ever, with the following dimensions: 3.87 x 1.21 x 0.85.
– Exterior material: anodized aluminum.
– Heating element: the Pax 2 vape is equipped with a thin film Kapton heater flex.
– Heating time: less than one minute.
– Internal accelerometer feature: the internal accelerometer automatically detects when the Pax 2 is not used, and it puts it in standby mode in order to conserve battery.
– Build entirely from medical grade components.
How Does it Work
This is by far one of the easiest to use units on the market. To use, simply open up the magnetic lid placed at the bottom of the unit and start filling it with herbs. Since Pax 2 uses a conduction heating method, you want to pack the material as tight as possible.
After the chamber is loaded, all you have to do is to replace the magnetic lid and click the center of the mouthpiece. At this point, the similarities between how the Pax 1 and Pax 2 work end. In less than 30 seconds, the device is ready for you. If you want to change the temp settings, simply hold down the exact same button you’ve pressed to turn the device on and you will be able to choose from yellow (the lowest temp setting), orange, red-orange and red (the highest temperature setting). Hold down the button again after you’ve selected your favorite temp setting and you are good to go.
Once Pax 2 heats up to the required temp setting, the led turns green, which means you are ready to vape. To get the best results, take slow draws once every 5 seconds.
Maintaining the Pax 2 vaporizer is as easy as pie. While the Pax needs regular cleaning, otherwise the mouthpiece would have gotten sticky, the guys from Ploom eliminated the mechanical action of the mouthpiece, making the cleaning task less frequently needed.
It takes less than 30 seconds to clean the mouthpiece. Rinse it in lukewarm water and wipe the device clean using a damp cloth every few weeks. That’s all about maintenance.
Extraordinary Vapor Quality
One of the most important and decisive factors when buying a vaporizer is the quality of the vapor. In the eyes of herb users, the best vaporizer is the one that produces the richest and most flavorous vapor. For a conduction vape, the quality of the vapor offered by Pax 2 by Ploom is astounding. Of course, convection vaporizers offer a slightly more flavorful vapor. Still, the vapor offered by Pax 2 is definitely better than the one offered by the original Pax.
Size and Build Quality
Weighing only 90.2 grams and being smaller than the Pax 1, the Pax 2 vape is one of the most discreet vaporizing devices ever made. While the original Pax came with a regular mouthpiece, Pax 2 by Ploom offers a completely different mouthpiece that conceals itself inside the device. Pax 2 has no mouthpiece that pops out. Instead, it features an embedded mouthpiece that is equipped with sensing motion technology. This allows the device to save even more energy when the mouthpiece is not used.
The build quality is beyond exceptional. The brushed aluminum finish makes this vaporizer super sleek and extremely appealing to the eye. If Apple would start building their own vaporizers, these would probably look similar to Pax 2.
This is one of the aspects that impresses you most about the Pax 2 Ploom vaporizer. The battery lasts longer than any other vaporizer battery available, enabling you to enjoy an average of two hours of continuous drawing. You can get up to 7 sessions out of the new Pax, which is a great improvement over its previous version which only let you get 4 or 5 sessions.
When it comes to charging the device, it is important to mention that it takes roughly two hours to completely charge, which is much better than the average of 3 hours offered by most portables. You can easily charge the Pax 2 vape via a magnetic USB charging dock. The included charging dock can be taken anywhere with you, which gives you even more reliability and peace of mind that you will never run out of battery.
Pax 2, similar to its younger brother, offers a well-deserved 10 years warranty. Proudly made in the United States, this device is less likely to break or malfunction compared to other portable vaporizers in the same price range, as it is made using high-end technology and top-quality parts. In addition to the warranty, you get to have constant customer support from a reliable team.
Pax 2 vs Pax 1
If we would have to choose a winner out of these two, Pax 2 would undoubtedly come ahead of Pax 1. The second model is 25% smaller and around 10% lighter. Moreover, the Pax 2 vaporizer has no annoying mouthpiece at the top, which makes it look better. When it comes to heating, the original Pax has only 3 different heat settings, while Pax 2 has 4 unique temp options.
While the vapor quality is similar, Pax 2 has a bigger battery which lasts up to 30% more. To top it all, Pax 2 is much easier to clean, easier to use and more reliable, which makes it the winner.
Pax 2 vs Firefly
Although the Firefly is not as stealthy or lightweight as the Pax 2, is considered the highest portable vaporizers when it comes to vapor quality and design. Both devices looks fantastic, but I personally prefer the design of the Pax 2 more. Of course, Pax beats its competitor in battery life, ease of use and size.
Pax 2 vs Crafty
The Crafty vaporizer made by Storz & BIckel comes with a pretty hefty price tag. With all that, it is considered one of the most advanced portable vaporizers on the market. It is extremely easy to use, offers excellent vapor quality and a quick heat up time.
– Original design: the design of the Pax 2 is astounding. Most people have believed that the original Pax had the sleekest design of all portable vaporizers. However, since Pax 2 hit the mainstream, things have changed, and now the newer model has become better than the original in design and aspect.
– Extremely small: Pax 2 is the smallest portable vaporizer ever, being the actual definition of conceivability. You can easily carry it with you around in your pocket. On the other hand, the Crafty, the Mighty and other bulky portable vaporizers can only be carried around in a bag or backpack.
– Great battery life: no other portable vaporizer, probably except the Mighty, can even come close to the huge battery life offered by the Pax 2.
– 10 years warranty: no other vaporizer is willing to offer more than 5 years of warranty. Pax 2 by Ploom has 10. That’s something.
– Additional accessories: Pax 2 vape comes with an extra mouthpiece that could prove quite useful when throwing a party and inviting more friends to join. Order the Pax 2 from Vape World to discover additional accessories and enjoy free shipping and a free gift.
– Lip sensing technology: the manufacturer of the Pax 2 vaporizer has pioneered this groundbreaking technology. Lip sensing adjusts the temperature based on your action. In other words, if you touch the mouthpiece with your lips, the device will heat the herbs faster. Conversely, it will prevent the device from over-cooking your herbs when you are not hitting it. As soon as your lips touch the device, it heats up extremely fast in order to let you enjoy a perfect temperature and rich vapor. Because of this technology, your hits will be extremely consistent and the herbs will last much longer.
– Quite pricey: the Pax 2 vaporizer price exceeds $280. While this is an amazing vaporizer, it feels like it is quite expensive for what it offers. $250 would have been a fairer price.
– No temp personalization: compared to other portable vaporizers that let you set your desired temperature, Pax 2 has only 4 pre-definite temp settings. Not the best deal for regular herb users who fall into the connoisseurs category.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a top-notch vaporizer for loose leaf or dry herbs which is both portable and stealthy, than the Pax 2 should be the right choice for you. This tiny device is absolutely gorgeous and can be used by multiple people at the same time due to the extra mouthpieces. However, if you are looking for a more bulky portable vape or for something that offers a better vapor quality, you should probably choose something else.
If you still choose to give the Pax 2 vape a go, then buy it here online. That’s the best place to buy vaporizers online and enjoy free shipping.