When it comes to top-quality portable vaporizers, the Firefly Vaporizer 2 has already earned its spot in the top 10 list of the best wireless home vaporizer devices on the market. Even if this vaporizer has hit the market only months ago, it soon became one of the most notorious vaporizer around.
There is certainly a lot of hype and buzz around this modern device. If you are looking for a genuine, unbiased Firefly vaporizer review, you have come to the right place. Read on to see if whether or not the Firefly is the right choice for you.
The Firefly vaporizer 2 features some unique qualities that are really impressive. In addition to looking sleek and being very well made, it uses heated air in order to vaporize the herbs instead of using a heated surface like regular conduction vapes do. Due to its convection feature, it can accept a wide variety of loose leaf plants rather than standard e-liquids. In other words, you have better control over what goes into your lungs.
This device is totally unique and is specially designed for vape smokers who delight in using smaller vaporizers while doing something else or maybe moving from one room to another. This is probably one of the biggest advantages of the Firefly vaporizer – portability and full control.
This device is simply gorgeous, according to most of the reviewers out there. The convection chamber can be found right under the lift-off face plate (which comes in black, silver or red) and
can be easily monitored if you look through the viewing port. Additionally, you can see the glow from the heating element, which gives you an extra assurance that the device works perfectly.
The Firefly is powered by a Li-Ion battery pack which charges in about 45 minutes. You can charge the battery using the external charger or directly in the device. You can get around 40 draws per charge.
How Does it Work
This device, which is considered one of the best in terms of flavor, simplicity and quality, heats up extremely quickly, in less than 10 seconds. It works amazingly well, especially when you need to hit the road, so you must not spend your precious time waiting for this aromatherapy vape to heat up. This is how you should use it:
1. Make sure it is fully charged: first of all, ensure that the battery is full. Normally, when you receive it, the battery’s life is full, but there are some reported cases when it wasn’t. Charge it full and start using it.
2. Get your material ready: grind your material using a grinder in order to avoid it getting stuck. However, you can experiment on your own and find the best alternative.
3. Open the cover: because the cover is magnetic, it is extremely easy to open it and then let it snap back.
4. Put in the material.
5. Turn it on.
6. Pre-heat: press the heater button on the side and pre-heat it for about 10 seconds.
7. Enjoy: depending on how you prefer, you can take long or short draws.
What’s in the Box ?
When you order the Firefly Vaporizer, you will get the following:
– The product itself
– Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
– AC adapter
– Cleaning kit
– Soft case
– User manual
How to Maintain the Vape
Cleaning and maintaining is as easy as pie. Because this device basically has no parts, all you need to do is to take the lid off and wipe it clean. You can also rinse it under lukewarm water and then let it dry.
One of the most famous competitors of the Firefly Vaporizer is the Pax by Ploom. Each of them has its own advantages over the other one. Even if the Firefly tastes better and uses fewer herbs, it is bigger, costs more and also has to be cleaned on a regular basis. Of course, many Pax users complain of how hard it is to maintain. Even if you don’t have to clean it so often, like in the case of the Firefly, the Pax needs a more thorough cleaning, which of course takes more time and is more costly in the long run.
Pros and Cons
The Firefly, just like any other vape on the market, has both positive and negative aspects. The positive aspects of the Firefly vaporizer are:
– Nice Vapor Quality: you can experiment a lot with this device and because it is a convection style vape, the vapor is cooler and smoother.
– Save Time: there is literally no waiting time between pressing the power button and inhaling the delicious vapor that can instantly make your day better. Also, you don’t have to worry about overheating, because the device turns off automatically when it reaches the maximum temperature, which is of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Very Easy to Clean: it takes only two minutes to clean it.
– 5 Years Warranty: you can have the peace of mind that your investment is safe.
– Easily Stored and Transported: you can use it around the house due to its cordless feature or you can use it as a travel vape.
Now the negative aspects:
– Quite Pricey: at $260 the Firefly vaporizer is quite expensive. When buying the device, you might have to spend an additional $75 of other features such as the replacement adapter, external charger and replacement battery.
– Have to Clean it Regularly: you might have to use the cleaning materials more often than you might expect because the material might get stuck underneath the grooves.
– Kind of Heavy: many customers have complained about this aspect. Compared to the Pax, the Firefly is heavier, even if it looks slimmer.
Even if it is fairly new on the market, the Firefly vaporizer has become one of the most famous and most widely used vapes today. Like every other vaporizer, it has its own drawbacks and limitations, but it’s still one of the best portable vapes available. If you would like to buy or read more information about the Firefly, click here to check out the store I buy my vapes from. You get free shipping in America & Canada, discrete packaging and a free gift.
Update: 9.27.2016 Our research has found that people interested in The Firefly 2 have been getting great results. There are also no current discounts, so any other website that claims they can give you a discount, be weary of.